Specifications for the Swedish eID Framework
This is the March 2017 version of the Swedish eID Framework. As of March 28th, 2017 it replaces the previous October 2015 release as the official version for the Swedish eID Framework.
If you have comments on, or questions about the specifications, please use the forum "E-legitimationsnämndens Tekniska Forum" - https://forum.eidasweb.se.
Changes since last version
Below follows a listing of all significant changes since the October 2015 release of the Swedish eID Framework.
- Changes were made to the specifications to integrate the eIDAS framework into the Swedish eID framework. For Swedish Service Providers wishing to connect to the eIDAS framework changes are limited to attribute processing and metadata representation.
- Definitions for new attributes have been added, both for use with BankID services and eIDAS.
- A new specification, eIDAS Constructed Attributes Specification for the Swedish eID Framework, was added to define how eIDAS identities are calculated. This specification is primarly of interest for implementors of an eIDAS connector service.
- Changes concerning entity categories have been made to support changed conditions, especially that the former definition of "one eID provider" - "one Identity Provider" no longer is valid. This means that within the federation there may be several Identity Providers supporting the same eID provider, and for a generic discovery service to be able to work the use of entity categories needed to be updated.
- Due to changed conditions, the Swedish eID Framework no longer includes the "Discovery within the Swedish eID Framework" specification. However, an updated version of the specification may be re-introduced at a later stage.
- Updates to support interoperability between Service Providers and Identity Providers have to added. Also, an specification focusing on interoperability (and security) was added for BankID support using SAML.
Each document also contains a "Changes between versions" section where you can see what has been updated for that particular specification.
For a really detailed list of changes you can view all changes in GitHub using this link: https://github.com/elegnamnden/technical-framework/compare.
- ELN-0600 - Tekniskt ramverk - Svensk e-legitimation - version 1.5 | pdf download
- ELN-0602 - Deployment Profile for the Swedish eID Framework - version 1.4 | pdf download
- ELN-0603 - Registry for Identifiers - version 1.4 | pdf download
- ELN-0604 - Attribute Specification for the Swedish eID Framework - version 1.4 | pdf download
- ELN-0606 - Entity Categories for the Swedish eID Framework - version 1.5 | pdf download
- ELN-0607 - Implementation Profile for using DSS in Central Signing Services - version 1.2 | pdf download
- ELN-0608 - Certificate Profile for Central Signing Services - version 1.0 | pdf download
- ELN-0609 - DSS Extension for Federated Signing Services - version 1.1 | pdf download
- ELN-0611 - eIDAS Constructed Attributes Specification for the Swedish eID Framework - version 1.0 | pdf download
- ELN-0612 - BankID Profile for the Swedish eID Framework - version 1.0 | pdf download
Download a ZIP-file of all specifications in PDF-format.
All specifications are also available in Markdown format on GitHub - https://github.com/elegnamnden/technical-framework. Here you can follow the further development of the Swedish eID Framework.